It’s been over two weeks of NY adventuring and this Oregonian (a former New Yorker) is just about ready to go home, but not before celebrating what we’ve been working on for several years.
On June 3, my partner Vinny Liscio and I are hosting a ConsciousWine event to say, “Thank you,” to a lot of folks who’ve helped bring this idea, website and business into being. This is only the beginning, but every once in a while it’s good to stop and pause and remember how you got to where you are.
If you want a good laugh, read how I lost my virginity as a wine educator.
If you want to watch a video that’ll get you in a ConsciousWine State of Mind, watch: Principles Unpacked.
If you’re craving wine reviews done in a fun and entertaining ramble, give a listen to: Michel Schlumberger Pinot Blanc (a summertime treat).
Here are some trip highlights:
- Being a panelist on William Tisherman’s (Tish) Natural Wine Panel at The New York Wine Salon. Big thanks to co-panelists Alice Feiring, Pascaline Lepeltier, Christy Frankly and Barbara Shinn.
- Presenting a wine tasting and talk (with an awesome potluck) at The Wolf Conservation Center organized by Heather Flournoy (Katonah Green) and hosted by Wolf Conservancy co-founder, J. Henry Fair.
- Visiting Shinn Estate on the North Fork of Long Island. Owners, Barbara Shinn and David Page are one year into the three-year process for Demeter’s Biodynamic® Certification.
- Hooking up with long-time culinary rock star Jonathan Pratt to host a 4-course dinner at Peter Pratt’s Inn, featuring foods from local farms and the wines of Shinn Estate.
- An intimate event at Pour Mt. Kisco (owned by passionate organic and biodynamic wine lover, Anthony Colasacco). His gem of a wine bar is a cool, low key, comfy place to hang out.
- Networking, crazy coincidences, and good coffee at Ed Novak’s Tazza Cafe in Somers, NY.
Our present team of Cara Bilbao, Paul West, Ed Keller, Ed Taylor, Sabrah Maple, and my partner, Vinny Liscio (who could write a 10-page thank you note himself) is responsible for what you see on ConsciousWine.com. They are passionate about seeing it grow into a vitalizing piece of the community we’re all a part of.
For a little more on those we want to give a little shout out to, check out our Acknowledgments page.
Thanks NY! You’ve been an inspiration.
PS: Back East in July.